Every funeral is unique and special, as is everyone’s service to our Country. We arrange in consultation with the family and funeral directors all the ceremonial aspects that can be included within a veteran’s funeral and we can advise on the different aspects of the ceremonial in relation to which service your loved one served in.
Our ceremonial service includes: -
• Arranging for the attendance of standard bearers from the regimental association/Royal British Legion.
• Arranging for the Union Flag Coffin drape to be placed on the coffin for final journey and the duration of the service.
• The attendance of a bugler* to perform the Last post as part of the Act of Remembrance during the service.
• A letter of condolence for the next of kin.
• A motorcycle escort on the final journey if appropriate.
• A guard of honour of veterans if available.
• We do also contact the respective service association to inform them of the passing,
We will endeavour to make these arrangements and any special requests that you may have we will do our utmost to achieve this.
***The buglers who attend funerals are drawn from ex-service men and women, many of whom take time off work and travel to perform at funerals of veterans and they do usually charge for their services and this is in the region of £70 - £100 depending on who is available and the distance travelled. VBSS does not benefit in anyway from these fees and wherever possible we will ask the bugler to make contact direct with the family regarding payment or this can be done through the funeral director